Saturday, May 30, 2009

Wedding Gift Paintings















A while ago all the artists on the site had a note off www.affordablebritishart.co.uk where I have some of my paintings
to say that a gift voucher for £250 had been bought by someone as a wedding present for a couple to choose their own art work.
I was chuffed to bits to be the lucky artist whose art was chosen by the newly weds! As the paintings were a little more than the voucher the price was made up by the couple.

Tranquility In Green and The Funky Birches were chosen and they were recieved by the couple yesterday, who sent me the following message--

"Hi Diane,
The paintings have arrived safe and sound thank you very much. We absolutely love them and are really pleased with them. Thank you also for the other pictures and bookmarks which are great!"
Tony & Nichola

I had put in some encaustic wax paintings as a thank-you, along with some encaustic art bookmarks .
It did amuse me that the 2 paintings chosen were so different to each other--more different you couldnt get really--I assume that they both have completly different tastes in paintings!
That would explain the saying ''opposites attract''I suppose!

No comments: