Monday, May 25, 2009

New Tattoo












Ive been toying with the idea of a new tattoo for some time now.
I foolishly ,when a youngster had a small home done one which Ive hated ever since then-
While on holiday I decided to bite the bullet and go for it.
I decided I wanted an artists palette as that is most apt for me-being an artist!
We checked out the Internet this morning for tattooists in Weston and came up with The Dark Arts Studio in Orchard Place , Weston Super Mare.
I had a chat with Ady who was going to do the tattoo for me.I showed him one of my artist palette brooches as an idea for the design.He went off with his paper and pen and came back with the end result.
A palette design was a first for the studio-there must have been thousands of designs there to choose from but no artist palettes!
I must admit being completly suprised at how less painful it was compared to over 20 years ago when I had my bird of paradise tattoo done!
It took Ady around 30 mins to complete-and Im chuffed to bits with it-you cant see the original one through it either!
I love the way he even made it look like the paint had mixed together on the palette!
Im going back at some point to have my bird of paradise redone as its faded over time--I think its 23 years since I had it done-Ady said he will make it brighter for me. The colours are much better these days then they were!

No comments: