Thursday, October 20, 2011

Watercolours On Holiday part 2

Ive bought lots of bits and pieces of arty stuff while we have been away..yesterday I got some charcoal and some watercolour boards...along with some new acrylic silver paint--a different brand to my normal one....I started the scene above with some soft pastels and oil pastels-followed by charcoal....very interesting to work with..
after using the soft pastels,oil pastels and charcoal I decided to add another medium--watercolours....and I quite liked the end result....
I then tryed watercolours on a tryed and tested scene---using the silver acrylic paint to add detail....it worked well-though doesn't show up well in this photo...
this one is pure watercolour..and I'm quite happy with it...done on the watercolour board, will be mounting it ready for my stall on market on Sunday..
another one done on watercolour board--I have used  the silver acrylic paint to add detail to the sky and water--it doesn't show up in the photo..

No comments: