Monday, September 08, 2008

Poppy Commission

Ive made start on Karens second painting she commissioned.
She loved my Poppy Delight painting which was already sold and wants one along the same lines but in more orange colours to match her sitting room which is terracotta colour.

She bought along some photos of the room and where the painting was going to hang to give me some idea.
I showed her some other paintings I had done using the oranges, yellows etc so she could tell me exactly which colours she wanted me to use.

I have made a start on the first undercoat of it and I am very happy with how its going.

It will have many layers on top of this, up to 40 layers of paint will go over this and then the centre is done with melted wax.
Karen is having both black and gold wax which will set off the tones of orange beautifully.
I will be doing a lot more to this tomorrow.

No comments: