Sunday, September 28, 2008

Class Of Sept 27th







At last Ive managed to get yesterdays class on here! What a weekend we've had! Straight after yesterdays class we had to go to a family reunion, we didn't get back very early and had so much to do when we did get back! Brushes to clean and a car to load for a craft fair today!
We had a lovely time in class ---
everyone had travelled to get to us-no-one more than Vina and her daughter Tor who were up at 6am to travel from London to do the class!
Kath and Hilary -who we met at the Onslow Park Steam Rally last month came from Shrewsbury, Eileen came from Hereford and Mike came from Wolverhampton.
So they came from far and wide to be with us!
Amazingly everyone arrived on time from all their homes!
Everyone were first timers except for Mike----
Mike has been to a couple of other classes-but he emailed tonight to say that his family thought the painting he did with me was the best one, and I'm looking forward to seeing him again soon!
Tor had some great ideas of her own for her painting-right from the start-she wanted to know if she could add some turquoise colour to her sky-instead of just blue-of course I said yes-the idea of the classes is not to end up with a carbon copy of my painting-but to learn how to use the materials, and how to learn to develop your own style.
Nothing is set in stone-and hopefully I can advise you on any changes YOU would like to make to your painting to make it completely unique
Tors painting ended up very dramatic-with a lovely old twisted tree coming in from the left hand side.
The painting that I show you is just a guide-its always very interesting to see how quickly people learn to add things to their painting -all their own ideas, sometimes with a little help from other students too!!!
.I love to watch people develop as the time goes on-and it happens so quickly too.
Kath wanted to put a pathway down to her beach, with grasses and poppies growing alongside it.
I didnt realise til the end, when she showed me, that Mike had suggested to her to put a little gate at the bottom of the path-it worked really well!
Vina's husband came to pick her and Tor up and he was gobsmacked at their results-he really couldn't believe they had achieved the results in just 4 hours!
I woke during the night feeling ill-there is a sickness bug going around the area and it looks like Ive picked it up.
I was in two minds as to whether we did the craft market today or not-I felt lousy when the alarm went off at 6am this morning.
But after a hot shower I felt a little better, and we got on with loading the paintings into the car.
We had quite a busy day--I wasn't up to normal speed, but did my best.! Haven't felt right since I got up this morning and am looking forward to not getting up early tomorrow.
Lots of interest in the classes-will update the places left and the new classes tomorrow all being well.
The commissioned paintings were picked up from my stall as arranged , and Karen loved the Poppy Delight one--she hadn't seen any recent pics of it--trusting me to get it right!
I had a guide of the colours she wanted in it-but after the bare beginning-she hadnt any idea of what it looked like!
I signed it on the side and Bill strung it so it can be hung any way she fancies.
The Trio Of Sunflowers can only be hung the way intended because of the stalks!
Its late now so will update the new classes tomorrow.

No comments: