Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Charity Donations



As all of my regular readers know I support the British Heart Foundation charity.
My dad died 3 years ago with heart failure and hubby Bill suffered a heart attack 5 years ago.
So the charity is one very close to me.
Since then I have sold several paintings and donated the full price of them to the charity and done a couple of other fundraising events as well.
Sian the area co-ordinator for the charity got in touch a few weeks ago to ask if I would donate a painting for a big charity event going on in Worcester soon.
Of course I was pleased to do so, and in fact decided to donate 2 paintings.
I painted the Birch Tree one especially for the event and the Summer Day one I decided to add a few more poppies to , after asking some advice from one of the forums about how to make the oil paint dry quicker added a few more flowers to the painting!
Sian will be picking them up next Monday and hopefully they will raise a good amount for the charity.

No comments: