Saturday, July 12, 2008

Carole--Im so Proud!














































Carole first came across me and my classes last year when I held my solo exhibition in Leominster Library-March 2007
She went in to have a look and liked what she saw and
A phone call later and she was booked into her first class in April.
She was an eager student who listened and watched what she was shown, and was producing first class paintings from the word go.
She excels at flowers and trees-anything with lots of detail in them. That seems to stem from her love of flower arranging-she makes the most beautiful dried flower arrangements-and has a natural eye for things
She has been to many of my classes, along with her daughter Hayley (who was really disappointed not to have been able to make it today due to having a hair rehearsal for being a bridesmaid)
Today Carole bought along some of the work she has done at home, I was gobsmacked and so chuffed at her work-she has worked very hard. I'm afraid my photos don't do her lovely work justice!
My favorite out of all she bought along was the simple poppy painting and she has given me permission to use the idea for a painting--
She was thrilled to tell me she had sold a version of the bluebell wood painting!
Her friend John has started up his own business doing framing as a direct result of her coming to my classes-so Painting My Way has changed a lot of lives over the past year alone!
John makes mounts and frames to suit any type of painting--I haven't got his details off Carole yet --too much going on today but as soon as I get the details I will post on here.
Its very exciting hearing how my classes have changed my students lives--Jan has paintings in Germany as well as this country and at the moment has an exhibition of her work on display at The Nelson Inn, Rocks Green, Ludlow.
Sharleen Toller has her own website on www.affordablebritishart.co.uk and Jack has had friends ''steal" his paintings when he showed them at work!
Kay has sold 4 out of 5 of her paintings she did in class--all for over £100 -the most memorable being her "Summer Day" painting that she entered into the art society exhibition --priced at £180 because she didnt want to sell it -but someone loved it enough to buy it for £180!
There have been many friendships forged in my classes--between students themselves and between us and the students--its a real pleasure to know all of these lovely people and to hear just how painting has changed their lives!
See you all soon!

No comments: