Sunday, August 05, 2012

Tenbury Show

Well the weather held the week before Tenbury Show--so it went ahead--YIPPEEEE after so many disappointments with 6 shows being cancelled due to the awful weather it felt a little strange to be actually setting up on Friday afternoon! We were given our usual space--in the corner where we can set up easily and display the pictures well.!  As you can see--we got a lot of paintings hung, lots of my small paintings and my new prints out on the tables.
We put a huge tarpaulin down on the ground before we start setting up and it stops any damp coming up from the ground..makes a huge difference to me--I find I  don't get stiffness in my body as much from the polymyalgia since we use that..and it keeps everything from getting muddy as well as we extend it out beyond the stall..The 2nd painting from the left of the photo  sold--Stormy Poppies--so will have to paint another one as its one we paint in the workshops and I like to have one as an example when I do the shows/markets.
Sales went well, with prints going and Stormy Poppies going as well..

Scott had a go at the encaustic art and managed to do a beautiful picture--lots going on in there-including the most perfect feather in the middle of it!...many thanks to Rose for organising such a good craft tent!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks fab, I am glad that the show went on, its been a bit of a bad summer all round. The stall is looking better than ever, love the colours.