Thursday, March 22, 2012

Holidays part 2 Bradford

Yesterday was my birthday so we went mooching round nearby famous  Bury market so I could spend my birthday money--its huge and took some getting round....then we set off to Bradford and The Great Victoria Hotel for the 2nd leg of our hols...some lovely scenery on the way..
another super comfy bed..
and a separate living area in the suite as well....lovely sofas to sit and watch TV..
going to try the bath out later with some of my lovely bath bombs I bought with me..
we had a glass or 2 of bubbly before we went down to dinner which was included in the deal.....so I was a bit tiddly ...
and I had a little more when we went to the dining room, also included..
I had pate to start and Bill tryed the soup--both were excellent..
my main was beautiful...lamb on a bed of pureed carrot with red wine and port jus.....and Bill had the fish and chips again,,,,,he loved it...
the whole building is very atmospheric and spacious....after breakfast-which was in complete contrast to the food the evening before --and one of the worst we have ever had in a hotel...again we had to complain,,,food was cremated, and some hadn't been put on the plates--99% of the tables were sending food back,, it was inedible ...so after complaining we were refunded our money...tomorrow we will check out and find somewhere to eat before heading to Bonny Scotland and a 5 1/2hour journey!        We spent a lovely day walking round the town today, sitting outside the nearby pub and just people watching in the warm spring sunshine....we are going to try the Chinese buffet for dinner tonight, just over the road from the hotel...its been ages since we had Chinese food and we both love it!

No comments: