Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Old And New......

Ive had a very productive day today..and while Ive been getting my latest works finished and new ones started I was thinking about my art journey over the last 9 years.....the little  10in x 8in painting above was the very first one I ever painted.....after watching Bob Ross paint this one on Sky TV all those years ago I had to have a go! It still hangs proudly on the wall in the hall..and makes me smile when I look at it ...the start of a journey....
this 12in x 20in waterfall one is another of my very first paintings--done on oil painting paper--its always been a favorite of mine---and I couldn't sell it---it means to much to me.....it was a bit of a fluke I think that it came out so good---I had only painted  4 or 5 pictures before this one...I just love the atmosphere in it.
this tiny little picture is again a very early one--an experiment using shiny silver card to do the oil painting on--4in x 7in . It worked really well-but never did any more--must find the card and have another go..the water worked well-there is a lovely shimmer where the silver shows through...
I painted this one last year....but was never quite happy with it...so today Ive just added some more grasses, daisies and did a little bit more to the sky and I love it now! In fact I'm going to enter it into the local Ludlow Art Society exhibition that starts this Sat Aug 20th. Its oil on a chunky 16in x 20in chunky canvas. All the sides are painted.
Another one for the exhibition...Black Pool is in acrylic and oils 16in x 20in  and will be coming up in a workshop as well!
I finished "Sandy Shore"s today....this is the 2nd in my Sandy paintings series.I have had great fun using sand and gravel to add texture and interest...they take ages to do because the gravel and sand is such a fiddle to do and I have to keep going over it adding more to fill in the gaps that appear!  However its well worth the effort--this one just worked out lovely--I'm really pleased with the results....I used acrylics for the sky and water....its 16in x 20in and the texture/paint  carries on all round the edges. Its £185 including P+P in the UK
this is the next one in the Sandy series...3 canvas that are attached to each other with a cord--- so Ive done sky on top one, sea on middle one and am doing the beach on the bottom.Still got top coats of paint to do and lots to do to the beach  but it will be a little different to just one canvas when its finished....watch this space!

No comments: