Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Doddington Friendship Club Demo


I spent an enjoyable afternoon at Doddington Friendship club.Organised by the mum of an old friend of mine I went to Grammar school with-it was over 35 years since I had seen Alison-her daughter Catherine and I had spent many happy hours at her home! We had a coffee and a lovely bowl of strawberries and cream before I got started on the painting.There were 50 people there and the noise when they were chatting beforehand was quite loud---but when I made a start you could have heard a pin drop! Lots of chuckles when I explained about the bashing brush and tickling brush, and several audible gasps were heard as the trees, bushes and waterfall appeared before their eyes in minutes.I passed the painting round so everyone could have a closer look and then made a start on the Reeds in the Breeze painting on the white canvas.Again the painting happened very quickly and I had both done in an hour.Lots of interest in coming and painting with me in the workshops and I will look forward to seeing them soon!There were several comments from members that it was the quietest they had ever been as well which made us laugh! Certainly when they were watching me paint there wasnt a sound from them!
The finished Waterfall painting--its a great one to do for demos--as its quick and shows  the use of several different brushes and techniques......
The Reeds In The Breeze painting is another easy one for me to do as a demonstration piece--its a popular choice of workshop to oas there are so many colour combinations to choose from.Winners of the draw were Hilda who chose the Waterfall and Mary who won the Seascape.

No comments: