Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bills Surprise 60th Birthday Party!













Well I managed to pull it off!!!
Ive been planing a surprise 60th birthday party for Bill over the past couple of months now.
Its been a nightmare keeping it secret from him-especially the past couple of weeks! I'm sure Bill was starting to think I was having an affair or something.
My mobile hasn't left my side-even taken it to the loo with me in case a message about some of the arrangements came through! There have been some close shaves at times and a lot of deceit going on! Ive had to make excuses to get out of the house to make phone calls and things. Keeping something like this is very difficult when you are with someone practically 24/7 !!
Bill thought he was going to a charity quiz night.
I had arranged with my daughter Becki to ask us to join her team as someone had dropped out! She came to class in the morning and casually asked if we were doing anything last night, even pretended to phone and book a taxi for us-it was already booked.!!
Bill had already got the steak out for tea-had to tell him there was food on at the charity do so he went home and put it back in freezer! I had been convinced that he would find out about it-even when his son rang my phone at 7 '30 last night to see how long we would be, he didn't click! I thought that he would recognise the cars in the car park and realise what was happening-but he only noticed one and says he just thought that he hadn't realised that Jeff was in to quizzes!
I think there is a lot of things falling into place now with him!
We actually got Bill to the top of the stairs and he heard everyone start singing Happy Birthday,and spotted some familiar faces.
He was stunned to say the least!
I have to say a big Thank You to everyone who helped with the surprise--the main one being Bills sister Maureen who had all the replies to deal with and also sent all the invites to Bills side of the family.
She also made some beautiful trifles and shopped for the gateaux too.
I hope she liked the flowers I got her.
Thanks also to my sister who went down to decorate the room at the club-and to Bills sons for what they did too.
It was a wonderful night until the very end when the taxi failed to come for us! Bills eldest lad Carl walked home with us and our 2 friends.
Unfortunately Bill took a tumble a short distance from home and ended up coming home by ambulance-a grazed face and blood everywhere!
He is fine now, and was well enough for us to go out to a beautiful lunch with his youngest son and family. We have had a quiet time since lunch with a few visitors this evening.
Its actually his birthday today-so a big Happy Birthday to my darling hubby!
A big thank you to everyone who came and made it such a special night for Bill-also a big thanks for all the cards and gifts-they were all brilliant.



No comments: