Friday, April 04, 2008

Sundorne WI--- Wed 2nd April





After a busy start to the week getting work on a commission nearly finished, we had a trip to the other side of Shrewsbury to Sundorne WI.
The letter sent when booking stated that they met at "The Lantern"
Unusual I commented to Bill-they meet in a pub!
When we followed the directions to The Lantern we found it was not a pub but a community centre!!
It was packed when we arrived, and we set up at the back of the room while their meeting went on.
They turned their chairs around watched my demo -there were a few questions but mainly it was silent!!!.
I finished the first painting in record time-Winter Wonderland was finished in less than 15 mins-and I was stopping to talk as well as painting!
There were many comments when I carried the painting round after I had finished it, -a lot of people said "its the first time Ive seen an oil painting that looks fantastic close up as well as at a distance"
When I started the second painting "Summer Day" it was even quieter-again I finished in record time.
Joan won the 'Winter Wonderland' painting and I donated the 'Summer Day ' painting to the WI to use for raising funds for their chosen charity.
I am conscious that all of the WI and art groups that have booked me to demonstrate all have to pay for the room that they meet in by the hour, so if my demo goes on for too long they have to pay out more money for the room, so I have to keep it as short but imformative as possible.
So my demos range from 60 mins to 120 mins depending on their circumstances!
There are lots of interested ladies in Sundorne WI that will be coming to a class.
I have 3 ladies from Hadnall WI coming again to class tomorrow.
This will be their 3rd time.
I also have one of the WI members neighbours booked for a class at their home for 6 people! Its all go at the moment!

No comments: