Saturday, April 19, 2008

Class of April 19th-Stormy Skies





















Well this will be a quick post-we have our little granddaughter staying the night and I'm off to bath her now---
Ive invested in a couple of new easels--couldn't get the same as the ones I have at the moment-but the new ones seem to be just as good-Evan better in some respects-I can fit a very large canvas on them!
While I was over at Kidderminster I bought some new flat brushes to replace the old ones.
I had great fun last night customising the aprons we use in class-I had bought some crayons to use on materials-you iron it after doing the design! I didn't have time to do all of them, but the ones I did do the students loved!
We had great fun in the class-we had a real mix-some newbies and some people who had been several times before-and of course Jordan aged 10years -who for some reason I kept calling Oliver all day!
We had a real laugh all through the class- I had to keep convincing the newbies that everything would be ok--they don't realise that in my mind I am at least 2 stages ahead of them and can see how the paintings will look once the water line or background hills have been put in!

At the last minute I decided to show them how something as simple as a palm tree would totally change the whole painting--3 out of the 7 decided to do one, and the difference it made was really was amazing!
Everyone who came wants to come again, so I will look forward to seeing them all again.

No comments: