Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Segway....


We had an eventful couple of days away this week--I bought Bill a Segway experience  for his birthday, as it was for 2 people I decided to join him on the day....We stayed at a lovely hotel overnight -The Wychwood-set in a beautiful setting overlooking a golf course.. couldn't fault the room or the food..
We set off for the course after a huge breakfast --its held in woodland,, we all had to get the protective gear on--armoured jacked and knee/shin pads...

Bill getting ready...

The segways are the most weird things to go on---takes a while to get used to it..but after a while it feels quite natural...

we had a training session before we started--and then off into the woods we went...and that's where it went wrong lol--I manage to hit a root/stump and went arse over head and landed in a heap..it completely winded me-so much that I didn't even swear when I landed on my back..I did get back up and back onto the segway and completed the course..but boy I'm suffering today.. I'm aching in places I didn't know I have..my knee is pretty bad and my chest and ribs are sore--but I have to say I really did enjoy the day--and would recommend it to anyone.. Bill stayed upright and also really enjoyed his day,,,will be doing something a little more sedate for the next pressie though!

No comments: