Sunday, September 11, 2011

What A Day !!!!!

Bev has been to quite a few workshops in the past--but when she knew her cousin Marianne was coming to stay she booked them both onto the Mystical Moon class today.She didn't say a word to Marianne until they walked through the door--shock,scared and dis-belief all showed in her face when Bev broke the news! But she was a great student who did what I had shown in my demonstration of each part of the painting....Bryan was also a first timer as well--he had seen me on the market and checked out the website. Chris has been once before--we met her after I did a demo for her WI in Wales.
We had lots of laughs in class as usual--the moon caused a lot of them....its a very hard thing to do--paint a circle--and the moons usually get bigger and bigger as they try and correct it... but today's were not to bad...and they didn't grow huge as they can sometimes! We had fun deciding which finish they were going to have on the moon and we all decided to use the opalescence one which catches the light beautifully.
Bryan decided to use the blue paint with just a hint of mauve as well-while all of the rest of us did the grey version.
Marianne adding her special effect paint to her moon.
Bev finishing off her moon....my batteries were failing fast at this point so I didn't get anymore photos until we had finished  as I was worried I wouldn't have enough to take the end results!
the photo really doesn't do the paintings justice.....they were all stunning.well done everyone!
we had a very early start today--I had the chance of a market stall at last minute, so Bill said he  could manage that on his own while I did the workshop by myself! So that's what happened....I helped Bill set up early this morning and then joined Bill at 3pm after finishing the workshop and clearing off home to get changed into something smarter than my painting clothes! Many thanks to Bev and Marianne for helping me clear the room and load the car after the class-it was a great help! Bill had been quite busy and sold some of the small paintings ,greetings cards etc and I think he was trying to tell me he was knackered -when Paula who sells scarfs and wraps parked her car ready to load Bill jumped in the back for a quick lie down!
We arrived home at 6pm -Bill opened the front room door to say hello to the birds--and I heard him shout--"Wheres Jake--his cage is wide open" I almost had a heart attack...and feared that he had been pinched! Then we heard a little voice from down the bottom of the room "You What" "come on" and there was Jake on the display cabinet!  He must have been out all day--I gave them both a grape at 6.45 am and couldn't have closed the cage properly. Judging by the little piles of poops on the carpet he had sat on the cage door for a while before going walk-about! It makes me go cold thinking about what could have happened...all he has done all night is call Sparky cat---if Sparky had come in to the room while he was out I'm not sure what would have happened...and if Jake had flown onto Paddy's cage he could have had his toes bitten off.I had also left the front door open when i got back from the class-while I fetched the boxes out of the car and went and got changed...didn't check on the birds just shouted hello to them while running round like a blue arsed fly to get ready to go down to Bill.He could easily have got outside.....I will be more careful in future that's for sure!We are on the Food Festival again tomorrow--this time in our gazebo outside the college..hopefully the weather wont be too bad....
Jake is one lucky little parrot!

No comments: