Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bishops Castle Michaelmas Fair--Day One

..
A good omen on the way to Bishops Castle Michaelmas Fair early this morning--a beautiful rainbow right above Bishops Castle!
Bill managed to get off for a short while to see what was going on--he even managed to get a ride in a lorry on the Grand parade--came back to the stall as happy as Larry! He didn't get many photos of the vehicles--I suspect he was too busy chatting and catching up with his old mates !
Catrin loved the melted wax painting....it was great fun looking to see what appeared in the melted wax...
Freya used a lovely mixture of black,green and purple and created a beautiful surreal landscape..
Orla used a great combination of purple and black to create this mystical landscape
we had a lot of space to set up in--and a good space for me to demonstrate in as well..
loads of space to hang the paintings
some of the workshop subjects..
My paintings using the sand and gravel attracted a lot of attention from the public..
the small paintings/bookmarks etc  I do in melted wax are very popular...
as are the small oils and acrylic paintings..
as they are affordable...and an ideal size for a small room too!
we even had room to stand 2 huge paintings on easels at the back of the stall..
Eva used beautiful shades of purples,pink and blues to create this beautiful landscape--all of the kids loved using the encaustic wax---but I didn't get any pics of my friend Karen who spent ages with me on my stall today- she is brilliant at publicity and is known as my other personal assistant--along with Elaine from Llanidloes who has organised and filled 2 workshops for me in November. It looks like we may be going to Bishops Castle to do a workshop too in the future thanks to Karen telling everyone how much she enjoyed herself in my workshops! Im really looking forward to tomorrow.....we never know what will happen at these events--today I tryed my first ever Marmite Fudge off the stall next door--and was suprised to find it really was it was lovely---what does tomorrow hold?

No comments: