Monday, February 14, 2011

Leominster WI

just managed to catch Mr and Mrs Bullfinch on the birdtable before we left for Leominster WI today.The birdtable had broken off its post during the high winds last week and it was so strange not to see the little birds out there on it.Didnt take the birds long to come back again once it was back up.
Leominster WI was one of the bigger ones we have been to lately--over 40 members --all enjoyed the demo--I painted Winter Wonderland and Summer day--and the thanks I received at the end of it almost had me in tears. Nessa had her raffle ticket drawn out first-and she chose the Winter Wonderland as her prize---we couldn't believe it when the next ticket out was also hers---bought at another time to the first one! She kindly put it back and let someone else win Summer Day--Joan was the lucky winner this time--never had that happen before! We are looking forward to meeting up with some of the ladies again in some of my workshops--they were going home to have a look at the website and see what spaces I have left!
Joan and Nessa
on the way home there was a  beautiful sunset--as I was about to take some photos the batteries ran out on the camera--luckily we were near a lay by so Bill pulled over so I could capture this beautiful scene after changing them!
I can feel a painting coming on........

No comments: