Saturday, February 19, 2011

Feb 19th "Serenity" Workshop

We had some wonderful results today--Masoon couldn't make it to class because she was full of cold-sore throat and runny nose-but it was great to see some old friends Chris and Pauline again!
Mandy was painting with us for the second time--dusky lilac proved to be the most popular colour today!
Simone created a great painting considering that it was only her 2nd time...
Sue is well and truly hooked..she goes home and paints again! She bought along a painting she had done at home and asked where she had gone wrong---to be fair it was very good--I think her undercoat hadn't been mixed quite right--but her ideas are good--and she must remember she hasn't been painting long so mustn't expect miracles of herself--each painting is a learning curve!
Vera came for a one 2 one on Tuesday-and phoned the next day to book for today's class.She is well and truly hooked.You wouldn't believe this was her 2nd ever oil painting would you?
Maureen -bless her--rang us at 7.30am this morning to cancel-she'd had a nasty fall on Wednesday and was still aching all over--so  you can imagine my surprise when she walked through the door today saying "I thought Id surprise you!" She went on to say she may as well ache all over at class than stay at home and ache there! I think she is well and truly addicted--well I don't think-I know--cos she has told me!
It was lovely to see Pauline and Chris back today--they have painted most of the subjects I teach over the past few years-and we have become great friends as a result! Pauline has grown more confident in each workshop..

Sue has nearly finished here..I did ask her to say one for me while she was down there!

Chris always does his own thing at some point during each class--today instead of the usual volcano-we had a bright orange sun put in--Chris is a great sport and had a lot of stick from everyone about it---and to be fair it did grow on me a bit----but personally it would have looked better toned down a bit in colour!  Chris did bring along a beautiful pastel picture he had done at home -but I missed to take a photo of  it!

No comments: