Sunday, August 01, 2010

Latest Commission " Poppy"



I have been working on my latest commission for a couple of weeks now and I finished it this afternoon!
Its a huge 3ft square poppy with melted wax centre.
The commissioner- Diane called by last week to have a look at its progress and decided on the silver rather than the gold wax to finish it.
So I set to in the garage with my electric heated pen and added the detail with black and silver.
Its been almost impossible to get decent photos of this painting-it always appears too orange instead of the bright poppy red.
I will have to load the new photo shop onto the computer and see if I can work it!
Anyway-it will just come to life after it has had 3 or 4 coats of gloss varnish-it will bring out all the colours and of course protect it as well.
Ive made a start on a slightly smaller version 30in x 30in -I will be entering that one in this months Ludlow Art Society exhibition in Ludlow.

No comments: