Friday, July 03, 2009

New Cards

















While we were at Shobdon we met a lovely lady called Lin who was working on the National Trust stall selling cards to help raise money for the trust.
She came over to admire my paintings and we got chatting-- it turns out she is an expert photographer and she offered to take some photos of some of my paintings to make into cards.
She explained that she hadn't got her ''proper'' camera with her just a normal bog standard one, but she quickly took some snaps of the pics anyway.
The postman came today with this beautiful array of cards -all made up with my copyright, website , phone numbers etc on the back of them.
To say I was gobsmacked would be an understatement-they are just beautiful-Thanks Lin.
Lin is going to come over one of the days soon and bring her best camera to take some more shots and make me some more cards--I'm sure they will go down well with the students and on the craft markets. And wont it be nice to be able to put the receipts for painting purchases inside one when I post the painting off!

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

Talented AND prolific, good for yoy for living your dream!

Just a "stranger" passing through. :)