Friday, July 10, 2009

Knowbury WI























For once we didn't have far to travel to do the latest demo-just 3 miles up the road to Knowbury village hall.
The new stands mean that the setting up time is cut by over half which is great for both me and Bill!
They were a lovely group of ladies and lots of questions were asked throughout the evening about the painting technique.
I had some of the lovely mauve paint left over from the day before so decided to use that up and instead of painting the usual Summer Day painting I did a Serenity one instead.
I hadn't painted a waterfall painting for absolutely ages so that was my choice for the black canvas.
I started my demo at 10 past 9 and I had finished my demo and talk by 9pm!

I think everyone was gobsmacked by how quick the technique was and just how much detail there was.
Carol won the raffle and chose the Serenity painting-and the WI were more than happy to accept the Waterfall picture to use for raising funds for their chosen charity.
We are looking forward to seeing Carol on Saturday-she has booked for Poppies and Daisies and also Mellow Moods in August.

No comments: