Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Tommy Preece--Artist

























Ive had a lovely day today with Tommy.
Ive known of Tommy for lots of years as he was a customer of my dads shop years ago, Ive seen him around walking his dog etc but didn't have the pleasure of meeting him until 2 weeks ago.
I had a phone call from a mutual friend who explained that Tommy was going to be exhibiting his paintings at the local British Legion Club.He didn't have any display stands to put his paintings on so I loaned him mine.
The exhibition was a big achievement in its self for Tommy, as he suffered brain damage in an army accident 30 years go.
The damage has affected his right side and fortunately Tommy is left handed.
He only started to paint just over a year ago and has been using pencil and watercolour. His exhibition was a great success and he sold over 20 paintings and raised money for the British Legion club.
We had chance to chat when he bought my display stands back and I invited him round to try other mediums.
He came this morning to try the acrylics. He loved it-and produced this beautiful sunset painting with my instruction.
He was really chuffed and has gone home armed with some 750ml bottles of acrylic paint to carry on at home!
He is coming again next week and I will be showing him the oil technique, Im really looking forward to it!

No comments: