Monday, August 18, 2008

Tern Valley Show





































We had a great weekend at Tern Valley Show--there was lots going on there for all the family. There was some beautiful sights-the gypsy caravan was stunning.
The dogs gave a fantastic show-walking along parallel bars and jumping through rings of fire!
The blue macaw was in a cage outside one of the stalls around the main arena-poor thing didnt have any toys or water and he was just going form perch to perch bored out of his mind-we enquired how much they wanted for him but it was way too much--£1600 , I just hope some kind person came along and bought him.He was really friendly and let us stroke his head.
We were kept very busy on our stall both selling and giving demonstrations.
I sold my Emerald Forest painting on Saturday so I got stuck in and painted another one as it is a class subject!
I also got one of my Brown Birch Trees paintings finished that I took with me. I also started some new monochrome birches that I want to get finished this week to take to Onslow Park next weekend.
The weather wasnt as bad as forcast on Saturday during the day but that night it emptied down-all night long.But there is nothing like being snugged up in a caravan having a nice drink and a game of scrabble whilst listening to it raining! We both slept like logs, and of course we had the traditional cooked breakfast to start the day
Of course in the morning with al the heavy lorries etc moving round the grounds it all got very muddy and churned up.When we loaded up the caravan to leave last night we got stuck in the one gateway-as did most people-so we had a tow out with one of the tractors that were standing by for the purpose!
Now just got to unload the caravan of the washing etc and start getting ready for next weekend!

No comments: