Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Onslow Park





































We got back late last night from a fantastic weekend at Onslow Park Steam Rally. We arrived on Saturday morning and got the caravan set up and all the stands in place.
As we had so much space it took ages to get all the paintings and the tables done!
We were by some old friends from last year as well as a few new ones.
We always have a good laugh here-everyone is so friendly.
We met up with some people from last weeks Tern Valley Vintage show as well.
The marquee was massive as you can see from the photographs, its hard to imagine that people were stuck for space as they walked round there, but it was so busy at times you could hardly move!
Bill manged to get out of there to see some of the things that were going on in the arena, and came back with some lovely photos of the sights!
The rainbow appeared over the site on Saturday night as we were walking up from the van to have a meal.
We were up early to have a full english breakfast to start the day on Sunday morning, all we had to do was uncover all the stands and tables as we had set it all up the day before.
I miscalculated on the encaustic stuff I sell--last year I sold out of everything early on the Saturday so this year had taken more than double with me-again I sold out very quickly on the Saturday, so have got some orders to send out early next week and also some people are coming to Ludlow Food and Drink Festival next month to pick up some equipment.
I also had people who had bought off me last year coming back for more waxes and cards.
Everyone agreed it was a brilliant hobby to have!
I also ran out of my large bags that I had printed with my class details on, still got some small ones left-the kids just love having a special bag to put their encaustic paintings into to carry round with them! Must remember to put another order in this week!
Lots of interest in the classes, some of the classes are full or nearly full now, and I must get cracking on setting some more dates.
All in all a great time had by all, cant wait for next year!




No comments: