Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Cherry Blossom


This is one of my latest paintings, its called Cherry Blossom for obvious reasons, and it actualy looks 3D. People always have to touch it, and they are suprised to find it is flat, from a distance it really stands out.

I painted the first version of it at a craft fair last Sept, one of the stall holders came over and said "I'm so glad you are here,its my sons birthday today and he loves chinese/japanese things, can you paint him a painting today while you are here?"
I had never attempted anything chinese before and had no refrences there, but came up with one like 'cherry blossom' but I put some faraway mountains and little chinese houses too. She was thrilled to bits with it.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

A very beautiful painting.

Diane said...

Thank you Teresa, its very often the simple paintings that are the most beautiful!