Friday, June 17, 2011

Lots Happening!

After a popular demo on Wednesday Night at Llanidloes I have 2 of the ladies coming over tomorrow to join the Poppy Field workshop.I had got 2 cancellations due to illness so that worked out OK!
There was so much interest in the workshops the other night after seeing my demo that I agreed to go over there on Nov 12th to do a Birch Tree workshop.
Elaine who organised the WI demo has sorted out the room and has already got 10 people wanting to come and do the workshop....I will have to charge an extra £2 per head to travel there... but it will save them the journey/petrol so everyone is happy with that!
Must say I'm really looking forward to it!
Ive also had an email from Gail at the Button Oak art club who want me to go over to do a Birch Tree workshop on Oct 11th--we have been there twice  before and the members loved it--this will be the first time using acrylics for them!
I am going to Bewdley on Monday to finalise the details of the painting holiday I have been asked to do--we will see the space available to us for the workshops,,etc etc.
This promises to be a fantastic opportunity for anyone wanting to learn to oil paint. It will be different to my usual 4 hour workshops---it will cover everything from start to finish--mixing the medium we use to coat the canvas, painting the picture right through to cleaning and looking after your brushes. 2 days of everything you need to know about oil painting! Watch this space!

No comments: