Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fantasia

I have really enjoyed creating this work. I have used coloured beeswax and an electric iron, melting the wax directly onto the glass.... the colours are vibrant and all sort of things have appeared in the wax--in the close up photo you can see lots of eyes--at least I can! Because of the nature of the melted wax--each painting created using this method will be completly unique. I have used some metallic colours-silver,gold,green and violet-they catch the light beautifuly!I have reversed the glass into the metallic dark red/copper metal frame so the wax is protected. The painting will be on display from 25th July until 5th Aug at Church Stretton and South Shropshire Art Festival. If you would like me to create one of these paintings for you please get in touch
I can see all sorts of things in this small part of the painting--lots of eyes and faces! What can you see?

No comments: