Thursday, January 28, 2010

Coming On Nicely!


We were up early to get started on the major shake up of the art supplies/new shelving .

Sparky cat is normally mooching round when anything new is going on here--but he had a night out on the tiles last night so was flat out on the sofa most of the day today!

Its amazing just how many boxes of craft stuff we had in the garage-all in a mucking fuddle! Bill came across some of my painted bottles which sold very well last time we took them to a craft fair(Tenbury show!) Must crack on and do some more soon!

When we get back from shows/demos everything gets piled up in the boxes and does not get found again for a while.
Travis Perkins delivered the wood early today so Bill was able to get cracking with his saw and get most of it done.
It will be lovely to have all the class paintings in one place ready to load into the car on a Saturday.There will be room for most of the blank canvas as well.
I'm hoping that there will be a section for the encaustic supplies for sale as well-just looking forward to not having to move boxes to get to what I need to post!
Ive re-arranged the bottles of acrylic paint in order-wrote on them the colours and if they have been opened!(I'm a bugger for opening a new bottle when there is already one open)
Out of 75 bottles of acrylic paint I only had 2 bottles of green--which means I don't use green very often or when I do- I mix it myself! And thinking about it-I don't use green very often!

Bill intends to do the same thing on the other side of the garage in the near future as well.But we have lots of stuff to get rid of first of all--16 boxes of car boot stuff for a start. Plus we have to leave room for the huge roll of bubble wrap which takes up loads of room at the moment-5ft high by 100mts-but surprising how much we get through a year-2-3 of these rolls.All of the paintings have at least 3 wraps of this before they are posted!
And Bill is always making new bags for the paintings as I paint them.So its never ending!








1 comment:

Trine said...

you make me long for a handyman like Bill LOL. I keep being impressed by how much home improvement you two are able to fit into the busy schedule

Trine