Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Busy Day Tidying Up !

We have had a busy day today doing a lot of tidying up different things that have needed doing for ages!

Ive managed to finish off 2 paintings that were not quite complete-and started a new background for another.
Bill in the meantime had started in the garage--blimey I didn't realise just how much acrylic paint I had!! There is bottles and bottles of it!
Trouble was they got put into various boxes when we were going to do demos,craft fairs and shows and when it came to ordering more supplies I wouldn't remember just what I did have!
Some shelves have been cleared and all the bottles are out where I can see them now--easy for me to grab and take along for the students to buy when we have a class.

I also have a big box of acrylic in tubes and a box of smaller tubes of my special effect paint.
The cupboard that some of the acrylic bottles lived in is now home to all the mediums,varnish, texturisers and other bits and bobs-all together so I can find them easily again.

The one thing that didn't need sorting today was the brushes-they are always cleaned properly and put away carefully after each painting class into the pigeon holes that Bill made for me hanging underneath the cupboard next to the sink where they are cleaned--its amazing really to think I'm still using the same brushes as when I first started my classes 6 years ago-and they are still as good as new today.I have added to them as the classes have grown in numbers but it goes to show that looked after and cleaned properly they will last many many years!

Another job that I had put off for ages was cleaning the tops of all my oil paint tubes-they don't get wiped of excess paint when I'm doing a class and it builds up on them until they get hard to unscrew!
I spent an afternoon in the dining room watching daytime telly and cleaning the tubes up-quite a therapeutic job to be honest.
They are all nice and clean and tidy and in order of colours in my work box ready for the next session!
Its been a long day but very satisfying--looking forward to more painting tomorrow!






No comments: