Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yesterdays Market

















The sun was shining brightly when we got up at 6.30am to get ready for the market.
We packed a few extra paintings as the forecast was great and we be able to hang some on the outside of the stall.
We were also able to get the new stands put up properly with the black material fastened behind it .Last week the weather was not so good so we didn't bother with the material.
It made a huge difference-the stall looked far more modern and contemporary with the chrome and black.
My new series of paintings "Up Through The Tree Tops"looked great against the new background.
We had lots of positive comments from members of the public about it!
My "managers" --students Pauline and Chris turned up and got chatting to some people who were browsing-they showed the people the photos of themselves and their finished paintings from my album-and got me a couple of new customers--they will be on commission soon!
I managed to get a new version of Winters Walk finished in between chatting to everyone, as the only other one I have of it is in a gallery and as its a new class subject need one to show people what its like at the markets!
As the Ludlow Festival is on at the moment the town was heaving with people all day-we met all manner of people who want to learn to paint!
I have a list of approved B+Bs that some of my students have stayed at that I can give people who live too far away to come over for the day.
Also we have the Travel Lodge just over the road from our venue we use for classes.There are still some £9 and £19 rooms to be had to make it a real bargain weekend!

No comments: