Saturday, September 01, 2007

Saturdays Class







I know----- I said I wouldnt be on here til next week!! well after todays brilliant class I couldnt resist it!



We were working in just black and white paint and the results were just astounding!


Shirley had the prize for the tidiest palette-the result can be seen here! This was her palette at the end of the class--amazing!

From left to right--Yvonne,Carole,Jan,Pete, Sharleen , and Shirley.

What great time we had today--Yvonne and Sharleen were both with me for the first time.


Yvonnes hubby Jack, had dropped her off at 10am and when he came to pick her up he asked how much had been sketched onto the canvas first-when I said nothing he was amazed!


They had quite a distance to come from Upton Upon Severn


He has booked for the next class along side his wife-the next class is now full.


Carole, ( and her daughter Hayley)


Jan has put the most touching message in my guest book,on my website http://www.paintingmyway.co.uk/ It makes my day when I get feedback like this.It has to be one of the most satisfying jobs in the world.!


I forgot to take a photo of Jans painting that she did last week.She bought it back this week for Bill to varnish and frame.


The difference it made was astounding. It is to be a present for her daughter birthday, she will be pleasently gobsmacked when she receives it!

You can see it in the background of the photo of Shirley signing her painting.

Carole who is very talented in other ways than painting presented me with another of her beautiful dried flower arrangements, done this time to match my kitchen, after she found out I have a silver theme going on there, I was so touched with this thoughtful gift.
Bill had traveled to Leominster this morning to fetch Carole, because her daughter Hayley was going to a wedding, Carole had said she would come on the bus, but we wouldnt hear of it-Bill set up the easels in the room and while I prepared the canvas and put out the paint, went off to fetch her from Leominster--its all part of the service!! as was varnishing last weeks canvas and framing them.













No comments: