Saturday, March 03, 2007

Winter Wonderland Class


Its a shame I cant take decent photos! sorry about the rubbish photo guys!!
Kay,Susan,Andrew and Barbra with their Winter Wonderland Paintings!

We had a great class this morning.Kay,Barbra and Susan had all been before to me.Susans son Andrew who is 15 came along with his mum to have a go too!

HE loved it, he said he hadnt done anything like it in school and it was his first time working on canvas.
He made a lovely job of his painting and said it was much easier than he expected--he had tryed to chicken out of coming because he thought it would be difficult--now he cant wait to come again and paint another.
Quite a difference to the graffiti art he has done previously.

Kay has been to 4 previous classes and sold 3 of the paintings that she has painted with me in exhibition---She sold the 'Summer Day' one for £180!!!!!.I was joking with her that she makes a good profit out of coming to my classes!!
She had asked me if I minded her putting the paintings in exhibition to sell, she said "I will price them high because I dont really want to part with them!"
Good luck to her I told her,after all SHE did the painting.

At the end of the day it is good advertising on my ability to teach the method and is the ultimate complement when a painting created in one of my classes sells for that amount of money.


But it just goes to show what can be achieved with some instruction and a few hours work.

No comments: