Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Start Of Exhibition






What a day! Over 130 paintings to transport and hang in the library--now I know why Im short of space at home!!

My Bill deserves a medal as big as a dustbin lid for all his help and support!

He has never wavered in his support of me and my painting and he was so proud when he looked around today after everything was hung perfectly.It took over 6 hours to do with 4 of us working for most of that time, but boy was it worth it.

I had several inquiries about classes while we were working, and quite a few people came in and asked "which art group are you?" they were amazed to find it was just me, as the work is so different.They find it hard to belive that the same person has painted in so many different styles!!!

Our friends helped us to get the pics to the venue and helped us to hang most of them.As you can see from the photos we couldnt get another thing in our car this morning!

I am artist in residence this Saturday and the local paper is sending along a photographer and reporter to interview me about my work and classes.

No comments: