Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Star Pupil Brian !!!




Brian came for his 2nd painting lesson today, he has already painted a lovely waterfall painting on a black canvas a few weeks ago.
He has been doing some more painting at home and bought along the results for me to see--I was very impressed with his results.
Today Brian wanted to paint a white canvas and we decided to paint a mountain scene.
Brian is very easy to teach and listens and watches and more importantly asks loads of questions.
I love it when people ask questions and dont just except what I tell them, its shows a deep seated interest in what they are doing.
Every stage was written down, which brushes to use and how to load and use each brush and Brian should be able to continue his painting easily at home now.
I have supplied him with some more brushes needed to blend out the clouds and sky, they are also good for water too.
We had a great mornings painting and Brian was thrilled with the end result, he used the knife with great skill on his mountains, and learnt a lot of different ways of using a fan brush after too!!!!
I look forward to seeing Brians results that he does at home!

2 comments:

Trine said...

Definately a star pupil. he already show some indivitual traits. I look forward to seeing him develope as an artist because I am sure hw will.

Trine

Diane said...

I have heard from Brian since, his picture is hanging above his desk in his study and he is chuffed to bits with it! He is coming back in the new year foe another go!