Sunday, November 03, 2013

Christmas is coming...

Its been quite unbelievable how well I'm feeling these days--everything that used to be such an effort is now a pleasure to do..so when I knew Mum was at a loose end this weekend because my sister and her hubby were away looking at universities  with  son Rhys , we invited her and my nephew Charlie  round for dinner--and as everyone knows I love Christmas and the chance to have a Christmas dinner was too much! The smell of stuffing and bread sauce cooking made my mouth water ..Bill was star as always and did the majority of the preparing...

yummmmmmm

we were all stuffed after..all clean plates except me and Bill--eyes bigger than bellies as usual!

and you cant have Christmas dinner without the crackers!

As you will know -I have another string to my bow these days with creations made from buttons and beads...my latest addition to the range is Christmas heirloom baubles..this is the biggest in the range so far--12cm diameter..which doesn't sound that big but has over 400 buttons, 500 pearl pins and jewels on it! It makes quite a statement! I'm making a special page on my website at the moment where you will be able to purchase the button creations...should be up and running the next day or so..this one is called The Minstrel and costs £27.50


a close up of some of the detail..all of the buttons are vintage..

Bright and Beautiful is slightly smaller at10cm diameter and again has mainly vintage buttons--bright and beautiful buttons this time...£24.50
will look stunning in any home!

This one I must admit is my favourite--all vintage cream and mother of pearl buttons with silver ribbon and 4 beautiful red beads at the top..beautiful twinkly beads and pearl pins add to its beauty.10 cm diameter "Pearly Queen" is £25.50

They don't need to be hung on a Christmas tree to look their best--anywhere they will catch the light will be perfect for them...

I also make bridal bouquets from buttons and beads---this one shown is £125 all vintage buttons and beads...

all mother of pearl buttons and vintage diamante brooches..

there wont be another bouquet like this--each one is as individual as you are..

button holes can be made to match as can bridesmaids bouquets too..



and the blues and creams of this one--I can use the same buttons in the bouquet , groom and best mans button holes so they match..


love the red and black in this one..
completely unique..



Funky Christmas trees are something different too--this pink one has buttons and beads on it 23 cm high  and £18

close up detail...
I love this large Chrismas tree...30 cm high it has loads of buttons ,beads and twinkly bits on it..


a close up of the tree--as you can see it has a Made With Love  charm on it too...this one is £27.50--keep checking out my website to see the latest button and bead creations  www.paintingmyway.co.uk

No comments: