Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Justina's Serenity Painting
















































Ive had a lovely day today with Justina.
She was a couple of years above me at Ludlow Grammar School-I haven't seen her since I left really, so I was pleased to get a text from her asking if she could come and do a one to one with me.She had picked up one of my leaflets some time ago in town,and recently found it again!
She came on the train from Shrewsbury.
She has dabbled with a bit of drawing and watercolour pencils in the past but got no- where with paints when she tryed.

She arrived not knowing which picture she wanted to paint as she hadnt been able to get to a computer to see the website and choose one she liked.
She asked me to choose one for her-I suggested ''Serenity'' as it teaches quite a few different techinques of brush and knife work .

I mixed a dusky lilac colour up on the palette, as that is one of Justina's favorite colours-we laughed after when we realised that her jumper matched the painting exactly!
She laughed as we tickled and bashed our way through the different stages.
She was amazed at the silicon wiping out tool and what it did-adding waterlines, trees and grasses.She loved the effect that the knife gave on the fence posts.

In no time at all she had created her masterpiece-at the end Justina said " I cant believe Ive painted that--are you sure no one has sneaked in and done it while my back was turned!"

She will be back for all the brushes and paint etc she needs to start painting at home after she gets back from her holiday-she has amazed herself with her results and wants to learn more techniques.
Im looking forward to seeing her again soon.

No comments: