Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Clive and Grinshill WI




















We had a long journey last night to the Wi talk and demo at Clive and Grinshill.The normal room at Clive wasn't being used so we had to travel a couple of miles on to the village hall at Grinshill.

There was a full house of almost 40 members.

We set up early and sat back and listened to the Jerusalem anthem being sung and played on the organ--one of the better versions we have heard on our travels on the WI circuit!!
The members were amazed to see 2 complete oil paintings being produced in such a short time--I had quite a few questions fired at me while I was painting-and I'm always aware of the time--people need to be out of the village hall at a certain time usually so its a fine line between talking and painting! Bill keeps a close eye on the time as well, and hurries me on if need be!
Lots of the members were interested in doing a class in the future and I was asked if we would travel to the Grinshill to do a class----I explained that it would be better if they travelled to Ludlow---
By the time we get the car loaded and drive for over an hour to the location----set up the class with the easels, palettes,paint -- etc------do the class-----pack up --- drive home, unload----clean upwards of 100 brushes--I would have to charge more than I am at the moment. It would add at least 2 hours to what is already a long day ,and I don't think that would be a good thing for Bill or me!
I have kept my prices for the classes down to what they were when I first started up over 4 years ago--just £35 and that includes the canvas, paint, refreshments etc. I have absorbed the price increases of the canvas and paint etc without passing it on to my students.
I'm sure the people that were interested in coming to classes wont mind making the journey-the scenery is beautiful on route!
The raffle prize was won by Janet who chose the Summer Day painting.

No comments: