Thursday, May 03, 2007

Jeans Masterpiece!!!!!


I have had the most enjoyable morning with Jean who had travelled over 70 miles to do her one to one class after recieving a gift voucher from her daughter for mothers day.
I met her daughter Debbie at the WI at Morville back in Feb.
Apparently Jean had expressed a wish to paint but like so many people thought she couldnt.
It only takes something like an off the cuff comment about someones art not being 'good'to put someone off painting for life.
Jeans teacher when she was schoolgirl had laughed at a painting she had done, and poor Jean has gone through life thinking until now that she couldnt paint-well shes proved she CAN paint today and she really enjoyed herself!!!!
She was really nervous when she arrived and said 'I wont be able to do this' I reasured her that she could and in less than 2 hours with a couple of breaks this is her finished result.
Her comment in the comments book says it all
''From fear to exhilaration in such a short time- the 70 mile journey was more than worthwhile'
I am so glad Jean enjoyed herself today,its so satisfying when you get someone who is scared stiff to achieve a beautiful painting, she wants to come and do some more classes so I will be seeing her again sometime.
She also wants me to go to Burton on Trent where she comes from to do demo for a group she belongs to.

No comments: